Thursday, February 13, 2020

Feature Story - Interview (Part 2)

This is the second part of questions and responses from the person I interviewed.
  • Is there any steps of the process that you may have wanted to do differently?                              - No, I wouldn't. Even though I encountered most of my journey alone, I was finally comfortable enough to open up more with my family and friends. I was also able to help them by showing them what I did and suggested to them to use my method, which is listening to music, thinking positively about yourself, and in the end, just not to care about what other think.                                                                                                                                                 
  • Would you recommend others to do it as well?                                                                              - I would, however I cannot guarantee that it would work everybody. Everyone is different. How they process things is different. What they listen to, how they think, etc. We are all different. Yet, if they are willing to try anything to boost their self esteem, to reduce the self-hate, I think its worth a shot.                                                                                                            
  • Did this process work for you?                                                                                                       - I'm still in the process because well, it just doesn't happen over night. I can say that I have improved and I am more optimistic about myself than I was before. I am more determined about not forgetting that I am loved by others and most importantly that I am loved by myself.           
  • What would be your advice for those who are struggling with low self-esteem?                          -
  • What steps do you think society needs to take in order to improve the views of body imaging?  - Society needs to step up in a lot of different ways. As a diverse society, we need to become more accepting of others, no matter their shape, size, color. In the end, we are all human and we live on the same planet. It's pointless to bring each other down. As I mentioned earlier, we also have issues with media representation of teen girls and teen boys. Media companies need to understand how their marketing tactics are in fact harming those who they want to be potential customers. If we saw more people on T.V. that looked like us, we wouldn't have so much negativity among ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment