Friday, February 28, 2020

Double Spread Page - Layout (Part 1)

Using Canva, I started with two separate pages. I wanted to continue the navy blue and light blue color scheme, I made the background color of each page those color.

Since I already have the image, I will only resize the image so that it would fit a majority of the first page of the double-spread. This page will consist the navy blue background, the title and the text.
The bottom of the page that consists of empty space is where the feature article will start and continue on into the next page.
The font for this page will differ from the next page. Since the background is navy blue, I made the font white so it would easier to read. I also chose a simple font, Montserrat Light so it could be legible.












This the the title of the feature article. I placed it on the image on the white background. The title is noticeable, especially since the font color is also navy blue. For the font type, I used the Playlist Script, just like the masthead title for the cover page. Since the image shows the model dressed elegantly, I felt as though this font style went along with the elegant theme.





Upon completing the first page, I realized it looked plain. I decided to add graphic to the background of where the text belong. Since Canva supplies different graphics, I used their stars template. I increased the size of the stars and changed there color to the light color blue. However, since the font text was white, the light blue stars would blend with the text and make it hard to read. To fix this minor issue I adjusted the transparency to a 51.


This is the final outcome of the first page of the double spread.
The next post will go over the second page of the spread.

No comments:

Post a Comment