Thursday, December 26, 2019

Article for Double-Spread Pages

This is a small extraction that would be put into the double-spread pages.


Beauty isn't everything. Especially not to Isabella Bahamonde, a 15-year-old girl who learned this lesson at a what could be considered a young age.
"True beauty is from within. Not how tall and skinny you are or how soft and straight your hair is. It's about the type of person you are, and I'm happy that I have come to learn that myself."
Isabella Bahamonde wasn't always so positive when it came to her body. "I felt different from other girls. They were always so thin and overall just pretty." 
She always felt "chubby", even at a young age. She would always call her self fat as a joke. 
"I turned it into a joke so no one would  make fun of me... I thought it was helping, but in reality I just kept hurting myself."
When a word is repeated over, and over again, it becomes to feel true. It becomes a part of you. And it certainly does not help when your family mentions it many times.
"When going for a yearly check-up, the doctor told me I was almost overweight. When my dad found out, he would make small comments about my weight. It didn't feel good at all. Whenever I was meeting with old relatives, they would always call me "gorda" with is Spanish for fat. I would usually brush it off but I knew deep down it hurt."


  • This is an extraction of what would be used as the article for the double-spread page. I feel having the person interviewed do most of the story-telling would appeal more to the audience as well as allow them to gain a better understanding of this person. The audience could feel a connection with them and read their story in a comfortable way rather than a biography where is would merely seem as a boring article. Since the magazine is all about boosting self esteem and learning from other peoples journey, the persons story will be told from beginning to end, in a compressed manner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment