Friday, October 18, 2019

Evaluating My Preliminary Tasks


Evaluation
The preliminary tasks conducted were my research to help conceive ideas for my own magazine. Since my group already had a theme placed for our media product, most of the research conducted was based on the conventions, layout, genres, etc. of magazines with the similar theme for our individual magazines. I will be working with Photoshop and InDesign to produce all original content of my magazine.



Layout

Throughout my research, I found the cover page layout to be very similar; the main cover image of a model centered typically posing, with a main headline and other sidelines. If possible I would want my cover to include at least three models, each a different type of ethnicity, body, and gender. If not, i will stick to the one-model-cover. Other contents withing the magazine will be made to be more diverse, organized in sections such as : Self-love/self-care stories, beauty hacks, and trends. 

Text Styles

In a magazine, fonts, especially on the front cover, are made to be eligible and bold in order to catch the eyes of potential readers. My text will follow a theme so it can be more organized, for instance, the text for a headline for an entry within the double-spread page will be larger and a different font and color than the text of the content. The text color will also be a contrast of what the background will be, that way it can pop out more.



Photography

Due to having access to a semi-professional camera, I will do my best to capture models, that give me permission, that have unique features for my "Body Positivity" magazine. My models will be different in aspects of race, gender, and body shape to better capture the self-love theme. I will also be using Photoshop to fix any photo issues or apply filters to make the photos become more professional. 









No comments:

Post a Comment